Thursday, July 19, 2007

July for Independence?

Why do I feel like someone is out to get me?

Sure, I know -- I see conspiracies everywhere. Roswell, 9/11, pidgeons, you name it. But I never thought I'd be in one.

Seriously, Kennicot heard from someone that I was blabbing security details to some girl and her friends in the cavern. Like I stand around the cavern talking to young ladies in the first place! I'm a happily married man, and I avoid impropriety like the plague. But why would I talk about details of SR's security set-up?

Wait. Back up. Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about. My name is Montgomery, and I'm the founder and leader the Guild of Inspectors, a guild formed for the purpose of inspecting and reporting the changes to various Ages and city locations provided to the explorers by the DRC (or Yeesha or the Bahro ....). Recently the GoI was hired en masse by Subterranean Restorations, an independantly-funded group of restorers working on a remote section of the city. Our job for SR is to provide round-the-clock security for the SR complex and Ages, as well as inspection and reporting work as these locations are explored and restored. It's a great job. I love contributing the actual work going on in the cavern. Very fulfilling.

But I must have pissed off some minor diety or inadvertantly insulted somebody's mother or something, because lately I'm poison. Several of the SR high-ups think I'm a huge security risk. Then I prematurely let slip some minor detail about an upcoming restoration project they had planned to ask the community to assist in, and Kingsely (leader of SR) fires me!

Just when I finally got the GoI rolling with some serious momentum.

Well, I guess this gives me some free time to work on my SR Report for The Cavern Today. We'll see how successful I am at keeping the anger out of my voice when I record my report ....

No comments: